Future of the Region South Texas
Held every two years since 1993, we seek to reach out to the leaders of South Texas to discuss issues and concerns that cut across this 47-county region.
Over the years we have achieved many successes that have come about as a result of new ways of thinking about issues and concerns relating to workforce development, investment, economic development, health care, education, and infrastructure development.
In shaping the future of South Texas, the primary objectives are:
- Undertake a regional economic development platform for South Texas in collaboration with colleges and universities
- Develop effective lines of communications with the Texas Legislature and local communities
- Foster public-private initiatives for long term economic development
- Enhance workforce training and education
Key issues of interest considered during the conferences:
- Workforce Education and Training
- Economic Development
- Border Issues
- Infrastructure - Water, Safety and Transportation
Future of the Region South Texas comprises of all the counties from San Antonio to Del Rio, Eagle Pass to Laredo, Cotulla to Victoria, McAllen to Brownsville, and from Corpus Christi to Cuero. I invite you to join FORST as a member and be part of the rich heritage – our members have reached the pinnacle of their careers be it by leading large organizations, starting a business, serving in government or holding elected offices – and together build a united and sustainable South Texas coalition of public and private partnerships engaged in economic, business and community development.
These impactful men and women spoke at the Future of the Region South Texas 2016 Conference:
County Judge, Live Oak, TX
Melissa Del Bosque
Reporter, Texas Observer
Oil & Gas Associate Editor, SHALE Magazine
Reporter, Rio Grande Guardian
Writer, S.A. Express News
President and CEO, Sizemore Media & Consulting
Glynis Holm Strause
Community Relations Advisor, ConocoPhillips
...plus many more great speakers!